Mashed Potatoes anyone?! If anybody knows me, they know I love a big old bowl of mashed potatoes—For breakfast, lunch, dinner, at any time of the year, you can find me stuffing my face. I recently perfected my recipe for this fluffy white wonder using on 3 main ingredients and some spices. They’ve been a hit every time I’ve made them!
For the fall season, I thought it would be fun to make things a little more interesting and turn them into an easy to eat treat. Mashed potato balls crusted with Beanfield’s bean & rice chips! Whaaaat. Yes, they are as good as they sound, and they’re super easy to make! They do however take a little bit of time, and it WILL get messy. I can ensure you that all of the time and mess created will be well worth it, as these mashed potato balls are the perfect thing to serve at any holiday parties, pot lucks, or family gatherings, and are sure to be a hit!
Let’s get right into the recipe!
- 2, 6 oz bags of Beanfield’s Bean & Rice Chips – Any flavor! (I used Black Bean Sea Salt + Nacho)
- 3 lbs of Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1, 8oz container of vegan cream cheese (I used Kite Hill because it’s the best!)
- 1/4 cup of your favorite nut milk (I use almond!)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dry dill weed (1 tsp fresh)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp VeganEgg powder
- 1 cup of ice cold water
- Bring large pot of water to boil
- Add 3lbs of Yukon Gold potatoes and boil for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are soft, very soft!
- Once boiled, strain the water and plop the potatoes back into the pot they were boiled in
- Use potato masher, or large fork to begin smashing up the potatoes until full broken up
- Add 8 oz of vegan cream cheese, 1/4 cup of preferred nut milk and continue to stir and mash until blended in
- Add garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper, and dill weed, and continue to stir until evenly blended in
- Set potatoes aside to let cool and preheat oven to convection at 400 degrees
- Take 1 6oz bag of Beanfield’s chips and add to food processor or blender and process until ground up to a fine bread crumb type constancy
- Repeat step 8 with other bag of Beanfield’s, and add both of the “bread crumb” mixtures to 1 or 2 large plates, depending on if you used two different chip flavors (we want to keep them separate)
- Take medium sized bowl and add 4 tbsp of VeganEgg powder and 1 cup of ice cold water and whisk until you have an “eggy” batter
- Grab your mashed potatoes and begin hand rolling 1/4 cup sized balls and set aside on a large plate
- Once all balls are rolled, take your VeganEgg batter, dip potato balls until fully coated, and then roll in your Beanfield’s bread crump mixture until fully covered
- Set on a parchment lined cookie sheet, and repeat until finished
- Place mashed potato balls in oven (make sure it’s on convection) and bake for 20 minutes or until crispy (you can also air fry, which will take the same amount of time as the oven, or try deep frying them, but timing for that would be very quick!)
- Let cool and dig in!
Good luck making these! The recipe is open to interpretation so have fun and be creative! If you decide to make these don’t forget to share and tag #consciouschris on social media! Happy Fall and enjoy!